Friday, June 14, 2019
Reflective journal on management skills Article Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 250 words
Reflective journal on management skills - Article exemplarA manager ought to be both a leader and a motivator. Before acting, a manager ought to consider the adverse effects her actions leave alone fork up on both the immediate task at hand and the organization at large. A manager must always remember that the greatest plus in the organization is the people working there. In this instant scenario, the lead counselor dismissed the counselors ideas in a contemptuous elan that showed an inadequate possession of people skills. This is why the event occurred. This event is a good learning experience as it showed me how not to deal with employees when I stick a manager. Employees need to feel appreciated.Reflecting on the scenario above, I have come to realize that even though as a manager I will have the final say on whatever action has to be taken, I need to be a good listener. This is especially crucial when I am listening to input that I personally consider as being worth nothing . This will change the way I interact with my staff. I dont have to reject an idea in a manner that will leave the employee feeling worthless. I can do it in a better way.I have realized that employees being human, I need to respect their emotions. LaMalfa (2007, pg1) observes that research shows that emotionally connected employees atomic number 18 the outgo employees because they are engaged and productive, and they feel validated and appreciated. I need to make my employees appreciated so that I may be a good aggroup leader. To achieve this I need to be more open and receptive to ideas from others especially those I consider my subordinates. This is because I am not perfect and the best ideas sometimes come from subordinates. Developing a teamwork attitude is perhaps the best way to achieve this transformation as I will then be seeing myself as being part of such ideas and wont feel intimidated when a subordinate proposes changes to my ideas or even better ideas than mine.LaMa lfa, K., 2007, The
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.